A while back we shared a blog for Lucy Jenkinson about her role as an outdoor learning co-ordinator. Here’s the link if you missed it https://www.teachoutdoors.co.uk/life-as-an-outdoor-learning-co-ordinator/
We wanted to ensure we provided more support to those who were looking to sustainably integrate outdoor learning across their whole school. So, we’ve worked closely with and listened to those who are co-ordinating outdoor learning in their school and have produced an Outdoor Learning Co-ordinator Resource file.
The aim of the file is to provide relevant documents to save time for busy teachers.
The file includes:
- An introduction to the pack with suggestions, guidance and considerations for your role as an Outdoor Learning Co-ordinator
- Monitoring impacts documents – questionnaires, self evaluation tool, evidencing the value of outdoor learning, Lueven Scale, NOLA, life skills document
- Policies and Procedures – examples of policies, procedures and points to consider such as weather
- Risk-benefit assessments – examples of risk-benefit assessments
- Communication – example letters to parents/guardians
The resource pack will help you to get started straight away and champion outdoor learning in your school.
So, if you are taking on the co-ordinator role in your school give yourself a head start and download all the documents you need to get started.
We’ve discounted the price of the resource pack to £25 until the 19thOctober 2020.
Here is the link to the Outdoor Learning Co-ordinator Resource File.
*New Online Training* Taking the Curriculum Outdoors: A Whole School Approach
We have designed a brand new, online training approach for schools to sustainably integrate outdoor learning. For more information about how you can get whole school outdoor learning training at the touch of a button click here.