One of our new features will be regular reviews of resources which you can use outdoors. We know teachers and those working in education are busy so we will look around for the resources we think you would like to know about.
To get us started we are reviewing the Pumping Station by Thinking Products (£23.99) and giving one away! All you need to do to be in for a chance to win your own Pumping Station is like and share this post and we will randomly choose a lucky winner on the 1st September 2020.
- Portable water container (1 gallon) and pump
- Pumping action is fun to explore for younger children and even older children had great fun.
- The children were fascinated with the pump action.
- It comes with a short and long connecting hose.
- Ideal for washing hands in any location! If you need more hand washing facilities because of COVID-19 this is a very good option.
- Perfect size for children to fill and carry by themselves.
- Fantastic for STEM exploration.
- Multi use resource: science investigations, water play, mud kitchen, watering plants, hand hygiene etc.
- Adding food colouring to the water container provides a fun visual for children.
- Depending on what it is used for the water can run out fairly quickly. However, Thinking Products have also developed the Little Gusher, which is a water pump that can be connected to a 4 gallon container. See link here.
Archie’s view (age 7)
I liked the water pump because it was great fun. We had a brilliant time pumping water like a fireman. You can have competitions to see who can pump the water the furthest. I think my school should get one so when we grow vegetables we can fill it up and then carry it over to water them. I think Reception should have a few of them because they would use them outside.
Want more information? Here is the link to Thinking Products webpage.
*New Online Training* Taking the Curriculum Outdoors: A Whole School Approach
We are passionate about taking the curriculum outdoors. That’s why we have created the first ever whole school training, Taking the Curriculum Outdoors: A Whole School Approach.
It’s 5 hours of online, whole school training for the launch price of £175. (Launch price is until September 2020 when the price will increase to £225)